65 best Game of Thrones quotes
1. "I'm not here to murder - bend the knee and join me, or refuse, and die," - Daenerys
2. "You need to find a way to make her listen." - Varys
3. "Bran saw the Knight King and his army marching towards Eastwatch." - Jon Snow
4. "Whatever stands in our way, we will defeat it." - Cersei Lannister
5. "Bad things are coming." - Davos
6. Tyrion [to Jon Snow]: You look a lot better brooding than I do. You make me feel I am failing at brooding over failing.
7. Davos Seaworth: If we don't put aside our enmities and band together, we will die. And then it doesn't matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne.
8. Olenna: How will you do it? With that sword? That was Joffrey's sword wasn't it? Not that he ever used it. What did he call it?
9. Olenna: I’ve known a great many clever men. I’ve outlived them all. Do you know why? I ignored them. [Season 7, episode 2]
10. Sansa: No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I’ll assume it was something clever. [ Season 7, episode 1 After defending Littlefinger to Brienne, Sansa makes it clear to him that she won't be pushed around]
11. Lyanna Mormont I may be small. I may be a girl, but I won't be knitting by the fire while I have men fight for me.
12. Arya Stark: Leave one wolf alive, and the sheep are never safe.
13. Jon Snow: Everything before the word ‘but’ is horseshit
14. The Hound: You're s--- at dying, you know that? [ Season 6, episode 8]
15. Tyrion Lannister: The powerful have always preyed on the powerless, that's how they became powerful in the first place. [Season 5, Episode 1]
16. Olenna Tyrell: The world is overflowing with horrible things, but they’re all a tray of cakes next to death. [Season 4, Episode 3]
17. The Hound: You think you’re fooling anyone with that top knot?
18. Ramsay Bolton: My mother taught me not to throw stones at cripples... but my father taught me: aim for their head! [Season 3 episode 10]
19. Sansa Stark: You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well [Season 6 episode 9]
20. Cersei Lannister: If you ever call me sister again, I’ll have you strangled in your sleep. [ Season 3, Episode 8 ]
21. Arya Stark: Stick ‘em with the pointy end [ Season 1, Episode 2 ]
22. [to his wife, Lysa, right before pushing her to her Moon Door death]: My sweet, silly wife. I have only loved one woman, only one, my entire life. Your sister.
23. Tywin Lannister: You are an ill-made, spiteful little creature full of envy, lust and low cunning and to teach me humility, the gods have condemned me to watch you waddle about wearing that proud lion that was my father's sigil and his father's before him. But neither gods nor men will ever compel me to let you turn Casterly Rock into your whorehouse. [ Season 3, Episode 1 ]
24. Jaime Lannister: The things I do for love. [ Season 1, Episode 1 ]
25. Lady Olenna Tyrell: I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met [ Season 6, episode 7 ]
26. Bronn: Fair enough. But don't go looking for me to bend the knee and "m'lord" you every time you take a s---. I'm not your toady and I'm not your friend.
27. Tyrion Lannister: We’ll come out behind them and f—- them in their arses. [ Season 2, Episode 9 ]
28. Oberyn Martell [to Tyrion Lannister]: It is rare to meet a Lannister who shares my enthusiasm for dead Lannisters. [ Season 4, Episode 7 ]
29. Sansa Stark: I’m Sansa Stark of Winterfell. This is my home. And you can’t frighten me.
30. Cersei Lannister: Ah yes, the famously tart-tongued Queen of Thorns. Olenna Tyrell: And the famous tart, Queen Cersei. [Season 3, Episode 4 ]
31. Tyrion Lannister: It’s not easy being drunk all the time. Everyone would do it if it were easy.
32. Petyr Baelish: Tell me... does someone somewhere keep your balls in a little box? I've often wondered. Lord Varys: Do you know I have no idea where they are? And we had been so close. [ Season 1, Episode 5 ]
33. Arya Stark: Lots of people name their swords. The Hound: Lots of c------s [ Season 4, Episode 1 ]
34. Tyrion Lannister: Grand Maester Pycelle made the same joke. You must be proud to be as funny as a man whose balls brush his knees. [ Season 3, Episode 1 ]
35. Salladhor Saan: You Westerosi are funny people. A man chops off your fingers and you fall in love with him. I'll sail with you, Davos Seaworth. You're the most honest smuggler I ever met. Make me rich. [ Season 2, Episode 2 ]
36. Tywin Lannister: A lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of a sheep. [ Season 1, Episode 7 ]
37. Lord Varys: Power resides where men believe it resides. It's a trick. A shadow on the wall. And a very small man can cast a very large shadow. [ Season 2, Episode 3 ]
38. Roose Bolton: The Lannisters send their regards. [ Season 3, Episode 9 ]
39. Tyrion Lannister: You love your children. It’s your one redeeming quality. That, and your cheekbones.
40. Tyrion Lannister: Please don't eat the help. [ Season 6, episode 2 ]
41. Oberyn Martell: This is not the day I die [ Season 4, Episode 7 ]
42. Arya Stark : Most girls are idiots
43. Daenerys Targaryen: The next time you raise a hand to me will be the last time you have hands.
44. Tyrion Lannister [to Daenerys Targaryen]: Are you afraid? Good. You're in the great game now. And the great game's terrifying. The only people who aren't afraid of failure are madmen like your father.
45. Tyrion Lannister: It's easy to confuse what is with what ought to be, especially when what is has worked out in your favor.
46. Petyr Baelish: Do you want to be a queen? Margaery Tyrell: No. I want to be the queen
47. Tyrion Lannister: Drinking and lust, no man can match me in these things. I am the god of tits and wine..
48. Ramsay Bolton: If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention
49. Bronn [explaining why he cannot risk almost certain death to fight against The Mountain as Tyrion's champion]: I'm sorry it has to be this way. Tyrion Lannister: Why are you sorry? Because you're an evil bastard with no conscience and no heart? That's what I liked about you in the first place. [ Season 4, Episode 7]
50. Ser Davos: A good heart? [teasing] I've noticed you staring at her good heart. [ Season 7, episode 5. ]
51. Cersei Lannister: When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die.
52. Tyrion Lannister: My brother has his sword, and I have my mind. And a mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone. That's why I read so much.
53. Petyr “Littlefinger” Baelish: Chaos isn’t a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some are given a chance to climb, they cling to the real or the gods or love. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is. [ Season 3, Episode 6 ]
54. Bronn: Listen to me, c---: till I get what I'm owed, a dragon doesn't get to kill you. You don't get to kill you! Only I get to kill you! [ Season 7, episode 5 ]
55. Tyrion Lannister: Let me give you some advice, bastard. Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armour and it can never be used to hurt you. [ Season 1, Episode 1 ]
56. Ygritte: You know nothing Jon Snow
57. Davos:Wasn't sure I'd find you. Thought you might still be rowing. [ Season 7, episode 5 ]
58. Lord Varys: You have your father's instincts for politics and you have compassion. Tyrion Lannister: Compassion. Yes. I killed my lover with my bare hands and I shot my own father with a crossbow. Lord Varys: I never said you were perfect.
59. Tormund: I have a beauty waiting for me back at Winterfell. Yellow hair. Blue eyes. Tallest woman you've ever seen, almost as tall as you! The Hound: Brienne of Tarth? You're with f------ Brienne of Tarth? Tormund: Well, not with her. Not yet. But I see the way she looks at me. The Hound: How does she look at you? Like she wants to carve you up and eat your leather. Tormund: You do know her! The Hound: We've met. Tormund: I want to make babies with her. Think of them. Great big monsters! They'd conquer the world!' [ Series 7, episode 6 ]
60. Ramsay Bolton (formerly Snow): Let's play a game! Which body part do you need the least? Theon Greyjoy: Please... Ramsay: "Please" isn't a body part. \
61. Tyrion Lannister: A wise man once said a true history of the world is a history of great conversations in elegant rooms. Missandei: Who said this? Tyrion Lannister: Me, just now.
62. Tycho Nestoris [to Stannis Baratheon, who is asking the Iron Bank for money]: Across the Narrow Sea, your books are filled with words like "usurper" and "madman" and "blood right." Here, our books are filled with numbers. We prefer the stories they tell. More plain. Less... open to interpretation.
63. Davos Seaworth: I think mothers and fathers made up the gods because they wanted their children to sleep through the night.
64. Joffrey Baratheon: If I tell the Hound to cut you in half, he'll do it without a second thought.Tyrion Lannister: That would make me the quarter-man. Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
65. Lyanna Mormont: We're not a large house, but we are a proud one. And every man from Bear Island fights with the strength of 10 mainlanders. Davos Seaworth: If they're half as ferocious as their lady, the Boltons are doomed.
Read More Game of Thrones Season 7 quotes
Another bloody season of Game of Thrones, another period of entertaining and rebel cites. There might have been less scenes this year - a negligible seven contrasted with the typical 10 - however that doesn't mean there was a deficiency of indecent jests, threatening dangers, and overcome announcements. On the off chance that anything, there were more: There's no motivation to mince words when a multitude of White Walkers is pummeling your entryway - or, to be more particular, your monster ice divider.
Despite the fact that it's enticing to make this rundown a transcript of the considerable number of affront the Hound and Tormund heaved at each other amid "Past the Wall," we've felt free to incorporated some decision humdingers from a scope of characters over the full season. As you relax in the franticness that was the HBO show's penultimate run - and start the long winter sit tight for new scenes - remember a portion of the best beneath.
Arya, after killing the remaining Frey men:
"Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe. When people ask you what happened here, tell them the North remembers. Tell them winter came for House Frey."
Lyanna Mormont to Lord Glover about her fighting abilities:
"I don't plan on knitting by the fire while men fight for me. I might be small, Lord Glover. And I might be a girl. But I am every bit as much a Northerner as you. And I don't need your permission to defend the North."
Cersei, to Jaime about all their friends:
"Enemies to the east. Enemies to the south: Ellaria Sand and her brood of bitches. Enemies to the west: Olenna, the old cunt, another traitor. Enemies to the north: Ned Stark's bastard has been named King of the North, and that murdering whore Sansa stands beside him. Enemies everywhere."
"Should we spend our days mourning the dead -- mother, father, and all our children? I loved them. I did! But they're ashes now and we're still flesh and blood. We're the last Lannisters, the last ones who count."
Euron, on not mourning the death of his relatives:
"The place was getting crowded."
Euron, to Cersei regarding killing brothers:
"You should try it. It feels wonderful."
Sam, telling all the old people that their poops stink at the Citadel:
Arya, not making a joke to Ed Sheeran:
"I'm going to kill the queen!'
Varys, explaining his modus operandi to Dany:
"Incompetence should not be rewarded with blind loyalty. As long as I have my eyes, I'll use them. I wasn't born into a great house. I came from nothing. I was sold as a slave and carved up as an offering. When I was a child, I lived in alleys, gutters, abandoned houses. You wish to know where my true loyalties lie? Not with any king or queen, but with the people. The people who suffer under despots and prosper under just rule. The people whose hearts you aim to win. If you demand blind allegiance, I respect your wishes. Grey Worm can behead me or your dragons can devour me. But if you let me live, I will serve you well. I will dedicate myself to seeing you on the Iron Throne, because I choose you. Because I know the people have no better chance than you."
Melisandre, revealing a prophecy to Dany:
"The Long Night is coming. Only the prince who was promised can bring the dawn."
Dany, to Tyrion when Melisandre's prophecy is properly translated:
"I like it better."
Jorah, to Sam declining the offer to send word to his family about his Greyscale:
"I've been dead for years."
Dany, explaining why she doesn't want to storm King's Landing with her dragons:
"I am not here to be Queen of the Ashes."
Lady Olenna, to Dany regarding Tyrion:
"He's a clever man, Your Hand. I've known a great many clever men. I've outlived them all. You know why? I ignored them. The lords of Westeros are sheep. Are you a sheep? No. You're a dragon. Be a dragon."
Cersei, to Qyburn regarding Robert's dragon skulls:
"They were his trophies. He couldn't keep them around. They would have made him look small."
Sam, to Jorah before healing him:
"You're Jorah Mormont, the only son of Jeor Mormont. My name is Samwell Tarly, Sworn Brother of the Night's Watch, training to serve as Maester at Castle Black. I knew your father, I was with him when he died. You're not dying today, Ser Jorah."
Jon Snow, presenting a not-so-subtle threat to Littlefinger:
"Touch my sister, and I'll kill you myself."
Euron, to Theon after he kidnaps his sister:
"Ah, come on, you cockless coward."
Tyrion, to Jon about how he became Dany's hand:
"A long and bloody tale. To be honest, I was drunk for most of it."
Tyrion, to Jon regarding the dragons flying overhead:
"I'd say you get used to them... but you never really do."
Varys, to Melisandre after she says she's done whispering into Jon Snow's ear:
"Give us common folk one taste of power, we're like the lion who tasted man. Nothing is ever so sweet again."
Missandei and Davos, introducing Jon Snow and Dany:
Missandei: You stand in the presence of Daenerys Stormborn, of House Targaryen, rightful heir to the Iron Throne, rightful Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Protector of the Seven Kingdoms, the Mother of Dragons, the Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, the Unburnt, the Breaker of Chains.
Davos: This is Jon Snow. He's King in the North.
Jon, to Dany regarding the dragons and Dothraki at Dragonstone:
"They're hard to miss."
Dany, showing Jon who he's dealing with:
"So many men have tried to kill me, I don't remember all their names. I have been sold like a broodmare. I've been chained and betrayed, raped and defiled. Do you know what kept me standing through all those years in exile? Faith. Not in any gods, not in myths and legends. In myself. In Daenerys Targaryen."
A truth bomb for Theon, after he says he tried to save his sister:
"You wouldn't be here if you tried."
Cersei, to Euron deftly and publicly curving out of some presumptuous hanky-panky:
"You shall have what your heart desires. when the war is won."
Cersei, to Qyburn after poisoning Ellaria's daughter:
"Make sure the guards change the torches every few hours. I don't want her to miss a thing."
Tyrion, to Jon while brooding over his failure to predict the Greyjoy attack:
"You look a lot better brooding than I do. You make me feel like I'm failing at brooding over failure."
Dany, to Jon regarding Tyrion's chattiness:
"We all enjoy what we're good at."
Sansa, to Littlefinger after he warns her that the person who killed her mother, father, and brother is dangerous:
"Thank you for your wise counsel."
Tyrion, being very Tyrion when plotting an attack:
"Casterly Rock is an impregnable fortress. But as a good friend of mine once said, 'Give me 10 good men and I'll impregnate the bitch.'"
Olenna, to Jaime after he says there are always lessons in failures:
"You must be very wise by now."
Olenna, remembering the late Joffrey:
"He really was a cunt, wasn't he?"
Bran, to LittleFinger after he receives the catspaw dagger:
"Chaos is a ladder."
Arya, to Sansa when they are reunited at Winterfell:
"Do I have to call you Lady Stark now?"
Jon Snow, to Dany while showing her the painting of the White Walkers in the cave:
"The enemy is real. It's always been real."
Bronn, to Dickon Tarly right before the Loot Train Attack:
"Men shit themselves when they die. Didn't they teach you that at fancy lad school?"
Jaime Lannister, to Cersei after returning from his fight with Dany's dragons:
"This isn't a war we can win."
Sansa, to her more headstrong sister Arya:
"I'm sure cutting off heads is very satisfying, but that's not the way you get people to work together."
Davos Seaworth, to Gendry when asked if he was worried about being recognized in King's Landing:
"Haven't been here in years. Why should they recognize me? Sometimes I hardly do. Nothing fucks you harder than time."
Tyrion, after being reunited with Jorah Mormont after a long time:
"I've missed you, Mormont. Nobody glowers quite like you."
Samwell Tarly, to Gilly before they leave the Citadel to help Jon Snow:
"I'm tired of reading about the achievements of better men."
Tormund, to Jon Snow when trying to clarify which queen needs to be convinced about the White Walkers:
"And you need to convince the one with the dragons or the one who fucks her brother?"
Tormund, on how to stay warm in harsh conditions:
"Walking's good, fighting's better, fucking's best."
Tormund, explaining the beauty of gingers to the Hound:
"Gingers are beautiful. We are kissed by fire."
Tormund, telling the Hound about his romantic hopes for Brienne of Tarth:
"I want to make babies with her. Think of them... great big monsters. They'd conquer the world."
Dany, to Tyrion when discussion a possible romance with Jon Snow:
"He's too little for me. I didn't mean... As heroes go, he is quite little."
Thoros of Myr, to Beric after encountering the dead zombie bear beyond the wall:
"I just got hit by a dead bear... Funny old life."
The Hound, getting philosophical about the Lord of Light during the battle beyond the wall:
"Every lord I've ever met has been a cunt. I don't see why the Lord of Light should be any different."
Jon Snow, to Daenerys after she tells him not to call her "Dany":
"All right. Not ‘Dany.’ How about my queen?"
Jaime Lannister, to Bronn as they prepare for the arrival of Jon Snow and Tyrion:
"Maybe it really is all cocks in the end."
The Hound, when he comes face to face with his brother The Mountain after years apart:
"Remember me? Yeah, you do. You're even fucking uglier than I am now. What did they do to you? Doesn't matter. That's not how it ends for you brother. You know who's coming for you. You've always known."
Jon Snow, to the assembled leaders at the dragon pit in King's Landing:
"There is only one war that matters. The Great War. And it is here."
Jon Snow, to Cersei after she asks him to pledge her loyalty to him:
"I'm not gonna swear an oath I can't uphold. Talk about my father if you want, tell me that's the attitude that got him killed. But when enough people make false promises, words stop meaning anything. Then there are no more answers, only better and better lies. And lies won't help us in this fight."
Cersei, to her brother Tyrion when explaining why she doesn't want to fight the White Walkers:
"I don't care about checking my worst impulses. I don't care about making the world a better place. Hang the world."
Cersei, to her twin brother Jamie after he says he will fight against the White Walkers:
"No one walks away from me."
Sansa, to Arya after they've successfully eliminated Littlefinger:
"You're still very strange and annoying."
Disclaimer : Photo & Dialogue Curtsy : - HBO